The primary role of a Lifestyle and Weight Management Coach is to help individuals live healthier lives over the long haul.
Exercise alone is not enough. A knowledgeable Lifestyle and Weight Management Coach can educate the client on the need for a lifelong committment to overall lifestyle change. That may seem intimidating but the changes made can be simple and, with persistance and practice, will become habitual.
The most important factor in any lifestyle-modification program is the client’s readiness to make a change. Not all people are necessarily ready to make lifestyle changes. Both exercise and healthy eating need to be incorporated into a person’s current lifestyle.
Which stage are you in?
- Precontemplation — Sedentary: Not even considering an exercise program; in denial.
- Contemplation — Sedentary, but starting to consider the importance of physical activity.
- Preparation — Physically active, but inconsistent and sporadic; yet ready to adopt and live an active lifestyle.
- Action — Regulary exercise, but have been doing so for less than 6 months.
- Maintenance — Regulary exercise for 6 months or longer.
- Relapse — Slipped off the exercise and healthy eating wagon, lapses are inevitable.
Regardless of what stage you are in, Ab-Sutra Health and Fitness Coaches can and will help you progress to the next level.